Terms and conditions
- The conference is called the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYTSC) and is owned by WYSE Travel Confederation – trading as WYSE Services B.V.
- References to WYSTC shall include WYSE Services B.V. and WYSE Travel Confederation
- Delegate and organisation will mean the person or persons registered to attend the conference.
Participation is open to organisations involved in youth and student travel. Booths, upgrade booths, tickets and upgrade tickets are all subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until booked and then confirmed by WYSE Travel Confederation. WYSE Travel Confederation will confirm registration as a delegate after payment has been received. WYSTC is a business-to-business conference and is not open to members of the public.
3. Cancellation policy
All confirmed registrations are deemed to be binding. Cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
- Registrations cancelled before 15 June 2020 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid;
- On and after 15 June 2020 no refunds are available;
- In the case of visa refusal and upon the submission of the relevant documentation, WYSE Travel Confederation will refund 100% of the registration fee paid less an admin fee of EUR 150, provided Marcom has not been accessed;
- Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- In case the delegate has accessed his/her Marcom ACE account, no refunds will be available under any circumstances.
- Please note that a different cancellation policy applies for Hosted Buyers and Qualified Buyers. Please ensure to read these terms and conditions carefully.
4. Registration name changes
Registration can be transferred from one delegate to another within the same registered organisation for no charge before 15 June 2020. On and after 15 June 2020, an administrative fee of EUR 150 per name change will be charged.
5. Registered organisations
All delegates will be registered to the registered organisation and cannot be changed to another organisation. Organisations can only trade on their own behalf, not on behalf of any other organisation. Membership discounts only apply to delegates trading under the same member organisation name as registered with WYSE Travel Confederation or their respective association. All membership dues must be paid in full before the event and in order to receive the member discount, an organisation must be a member of WYSE Travel Confederation at the time of the event
6. Protected trade environment
The protected trade environment will be the conference centre, social event locations and all hotels designated as conference hotels. Delegates must not trade with non-registered persons within these environments. Doing so will be deemed to be breaking the ethos of the conference. Sanctions may include cancellation of registration without refund.
Only organisations attending WYSTC may meet and host other conference participants. We do not encourage non-registered institutions to access and benefit from meeting potential business partners that WYSTC registered organisations have paid to meet.
7. Trading due diligence
Whilst WYSE Travel Confederation will try and select bona fide businesses for trading purposes at WYSTC, it is the responsibility of all delegates to undertake appropriate due diligence with the entity with whom they are considering any form of business partnership.
8. Refusal of admission
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate who acts in a manner that breaks the ethos of the conference or who brings the conference into disrepute.
The maximum liability of WYSE Travel Confederation is the price paid for registration only.
9. Anti-Harassment policy
WYSE Travel Confederation condemns any form of harassment or inappropriate conduct, and undertakes to ensure that all staff, conference participant and visitors are aware and abide by its policy and procedures for dealing with such instances.
Please read our full Anti-Harassment policy here.
10. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable or shall be in default of its obligations if such default is the result of acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism and its consequences, strike, lock-out, fire, explosion, flood, riots, civil disturbance, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, epidemics, health risks and pandemics or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party affected.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to defer or to cancel the conference (without liability to the delegate) in the event of a Force Majeure.
11. Delegate details and data protection
WYSE Travel Confederation will process the personal information provided by WYSTC delegates as defined in Dutch law as article 10 & 13 of Dutch Constitution and the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens.
WYSE Travel Confederation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the GDPR and fair transparent use of data.
The delegate consents to WYSE Travel Confederation using information as follows:
- WYSE Travel Confederation will obtain, record, store and use this information as necessary in connection with the conference including transfer of the information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose;
- WYSE Travel Confederation will add delegates contact details to the WYSE Travel Confederation mailing list;
- WYSE Travel Confederation will include delegates in the appointment scheduling system Marcom ACE;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer its business assets (which includes information) on re-organisation, sale or merger of the whole or any part of its business;
- WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to process information as required for marketing purposes, to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, enforce or apply any agreements (including this agreement) and protect the rights, property or safety of WYSE Travel Confederation, its employees, its clients and others;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer information outside the European Economic Area for any of the purposes listed in this clause;
- If WYSE Travel Confederation intends to process information other than as set out above, the delegate will receive notice, request for consent, and be given the opportunity to decline the processing.
Delegates may not share information from Marcom ACE with any person or organisation outside the conference.
Payment is made by credit card or bank transfer to complete the registration. Bank transfers are only accepted via the secured payment platform called EarthportFX. The exact amount should be received by WYSE Services B.V. and any deductions resulting from bank fees, etc., will prevent the delegates’ registration from being confirmed. In case bank transfers booked through the EarthportFX are either cancelled or not paid within the stipulated time the delegate will be liable for the costs that will incur.
Booths, sponsorship and other items can be paid by credit card or invoice. Standard payment terms are 14 days from the invoice date.
- Registrations made at the regular rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 14 days may be subject to release;
- Registrations made at the early bird rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 7 days may be subject to release.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to cancel registrations for delegates, exhibitor space and sponsorship should the payment terms not be met.
Any delegate who has outstanding monies with WYSE Travel Confederation or any of its sector associations will not be permitted access to the conference nor a refund of registration fees.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to revoke usage of discount codes should they be used by delegates for whom they were not intended. Please contact email@example.com to check if you are unsure.
In the event that a delegate registers under an incorrect membership level, WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to collect any outstanding and applicable funds.
13. VAT and local taxes
WYSTC registration fees and other charges associated with the conference may be subject to local VAT or other taxes. WYSE Travel Confederation will take legal advice on these charges with the objective of avoiding additional costs to delegates where possible.
In most cases, WYSE Travel Confederation is obliged to comply with local taxation requirements and will be registered accordingly with the local authorities.
14. Early Bird
Early bird offers are only valid if full payment is received before the early bird period ends. The next available rate will be charged if full payment is not received before the deadline.
15. Advertising and promotion during the event
Business appointments will take place at tables or booths as allocated by the scheduling system:
- The only type of display and advertising materials permitted at the tables are small items, such as posters, photographs and laptops, which can be placed on the table and do not obstruct the view of other participants’ tables. These promotional materials must be removed once the business appointment has ended;
- Marketing materials and other items must not extend outside of the registered booth space and must not constitute any type of hazard to other attendees;
- It is not permitted to distribute or display marketing material (pull-up banners, flyer drops, pens, etc) within the protected trade environments without WYSE Travel Confederation’s prior written approval. Such distributions will be considered as sponsorship, and will be charged as such;
- Delegates are not permitted to host events of any kind which encourage delegates to leave the conference at any time during the conference programme;
- Communications in Marcom ACE are limited to business appointment scheduling only, and may not be used for promotional purposes.
16. Liability and insurance
Delegates and organisations should be insured against personal liability, fire and theft. WYSE Travel Confederation will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials or equipment how so ever caused. The participants on their part will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment. WYSE Travel Confederation will also not be liable for the loss of personal items.
Delegates are required to wear their conference badge at all times during the conference programme. Access to the conference centre, social event locations and all hotels designated as conference hotels will not be granted without the wearing of a conference badge.
All exhibitors are required to abide by the deadlines and conditions as outlined in the Exhibitor Manual and in communications from WYSTC and WYSE Travel Confederation.
All exhibitors must be registered delegates.
Raw floor space does not include furniture, shell scheme, stand build-up, transport, design, multi-outlet or extension power cables, or carpet.
All exhibition stand design must be approved by WYSE Travel Confederation at least four weeks prior to the conference.
Booth cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
Booths cancelled before 1 July 2019 will be refunded 50% of the fee paid. On and after 1 July 2019 no refunds are available.
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Media waiver
WYSE Travel Confederation will use image, video and sound recording to record certain parts of the annual general meetings (AGM) and conference. These recordings will be used as archive of the event and may also be used in promotional material for future events. Attendance at the conference is acceptance of these terms.
20. External Social Event Organisation
Outside of the protected trading hours and the conference programme, registered organisations and delegates may organise their own social events.
If you wish to organise your own social event, please note the following:
- Organisations and/ or delegates are not permitted to host events which encourages other delegates to leave the conference at any time during the protected trading hours and conference programme as presented on the WYSTC website.
- Organisers are to determine all logistics, conditions, and costs associated with their event, including acceptance criteria for event participants and other business partners.
- WYSE Travel Confederation will not get involved in the organisation of these external events or as such promote them to conference delegates.
- Only organisations attending the conference may meet and host other conference delegates. We do not encourage non-registered organisations to benefit from meeting potential business partners that registered organisations have paid to meet.
21. General conditions
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes will be reflected on the WYSTC website under Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of registered organisations and delegates to be aware of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of their registration and participation.
Organisations which have been disaffiliated or suspended from WYSE Travel Confederation or its associations may not attend. Likewise, members who are not in good standing, as well as individuals who have been sanctioned by WYSE Travel Confederation may not attend.
The delegate will not assign, charge or otherwise transfer to a third party any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of WYSE Travel Confederation. WYSE Travel Confederation may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the delegate.
Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
These terms and conditions are created under Dutch law.
Terms and Conditions as at 05 February 2020.