Terms and Conditions
On this page you can review WYSTC 2017 terms and conditions for Hosted Buyers.
WYSTC 2018 terms and conditions for Hosted Buyers will be available on this page soon – please re-visit this page in the next few weeks.
- By completing and submitting the WYSTC buyer application form, the applicant understands that his/her registration must be confirmed in writing by WYSE Travel Confederation.
- The buyer agrees to pay a EUR 299 non-refundable administration fee upon approval of application to secure registration.
- The application for registration is not an offer and attending the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) may be restricted or cancelled by WYSE Travel Confederation for any reason.
- The buyer is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs incurred to, during and from the event unless stated in the official programme, and unless otherwise agreed in writing by WYSE Travel Confederation. The buyer is responsible for any additional costs associated with travel and/or accommodation that significantly extends beyond the conference dates (i.e. before 26 September or after 30 September), including price difference in airfare.
- In the event of hotel accommodation being hosted by WYSE Travel Confederation, the buyer is responsible for all additional charges such as room service, laundry, breakfast, etc.
- In the event of flights being hosted by WYSE Travel Confederation, the buyer is responsible for any fees or charges incurred due to ticket changes.
- Reimbursement of flights is valid only for cheapest available economy class return flights to Montreal (YUL airport) from the nearest international airport in a country where a Hosted Buyer’s organisation is based.
- Flight duration under 6 hours will be reimbursed for up to a maximum of EUR 500; flight duration longer than 6 hours will be reimbursed for up to a maximum of EUR 1,000.
- All flights must be booked through our designated travel agent.
- If the buyer meets all of the terms and conditions reimbursement of flights will occur within 14 days of the end of the conference subject to flight receipts being provided.
- The buyer is responsible for securing and paying any fees in relation to a visa for Canada.
- The buyer understands that approval for Hosted Buyer registration is subject to availability and ability to meet the set criteria. The final decision lies with WYSE Travel Confederation.
- The buyer understands that his/her organisation’s logo may be used to promote that organisation’s attendance at the conference.
- The buyer agrees to read in full the buyer section and its sub-pages on www.wystc.org/buyers.
- The buyer should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
- By registering for WYSTC, the buyer agrees to the general WYSTC terms and conditions.
- The buyer agrees to provide breakdown of numbers sent per sector. The non-aggregated information is for internal use only.
- The buyer understands that he/she must register for WYSTC under the brand name provided in his/her buyer application form and/or mentioned in their participation offer.
- The buyer understands that his/her Marcom ACE profile must include the brand name used in his/her WYSTC registration.
- The buyer agrees to have secured a minimum of 27 appointments with sellers one week prior to the event taking place.
- The buyer must fully complete his/her profile on Marcom ACE within ten working days of receiving the login details.
- The buyer must respond to business appointment requests within ten working days of receiving a request.
- If a significant number of scheduled appointments are missed (no-shows), or not pre-scheduled, the buyer will be fully and solely responsible for a misconduct fee of EUR 50 per appointment missed or not scheduled, and for the total price of their hosted accommodation and flights.
- Hosted Buyers who wish to cancel their attendance must do so in writing to email@example.com by 1 July 2017. Buyers who cancel their attendance after 1 July 2017 will be subject to a cancellation fee of EUR 800. No refunds (e.g. administrative fee or registration fee) will be available to Hosted Buyers who cancel their attendance after 1 July 2017. Additionally, the total price of their hosted accommodation and flights will be charged back to the buyer.
- The buyer understands that his/her presence is required at all official WYSTC functions as indicated in the programme.
- The Hosted Buyer registration is restricted to one delegate per organisation, a second delegate may participate at an additional fee of EUR 1099 for non-members of WYSE Travel Confederation or EUR 899 for members of WYSE Travel Confederation. This excludes hosted flights and accommodation.
- The buyer understands that all participant arrangements and/or changes must be submitted in writing and confirmed by WYSE Travel Confederation prior to WYSTC.
- The buyer agrees not to use his/her attendance at WYSTC for his/her own commercial purposes by trying to sell or offer services or products to other event participants. Typically, buyers should only schedule appointments exclusively with sellers. WYSTC and WYSE Travel Confederation reserve the right to cancel any appointments between buyers meeting with buyers if we determine that the appointments are being misused by the buyer for the purpose of selling. Repeated misuse of business appointments may be considered misconduct and could be subject to misconduct fee of EUR 30 per buyer-buyer appointment, and/or cancellation of registration.
- WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to access and edit your Marcom ACE profile and to schedule or decline appointments.
- Any misconduct will also incur that the buyer will be denied any further participation at any WYSE Travel Confederation hosted events.
- The buyer agrees to participate only in familiarisation trips and events approved by WYSTC, including both pre- and post-conference activities.
- The buyer understands that participation in familiarisation trips and all activities therein is at the buyer’s own risk, and that WYSE Travel Confederation may not be held responsible for any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages or losses suffered or incurred by the buyer’s participation in familiarisation trips.
Liability and insurance
- WYSTC is not liable for any claim of theft, damage of property, or injury sustained while participation takes place.
- WYSTC shall have full power to interpret and amend the above mentioned terms and conditions.
- Should a buyer fail to comply with the WYSTC Buyer terms and conditions, a misconduct charge of EUR 800 will be applied and the total price of their hosted accommodation and flights will be charged back to the Hosted Buyer.
- Any misconduct will also incur that the Hosted Buyer will be denied any further participation at any WYSE Travel Confederation hosted events.
Terms and Conditions as at 21 February 2018