What to expect at WYSTC Lisbon & Online
As we look forward to WYSTC 2021, and although the pandemic is not yet fully contained, we are optimistic about meeting you in Lisbon this October. We are committed to delivering an engaging experience in an environment that meets all safety requirements. However, we are also aware that not everyone will be able to travel at this time, which is why WYSTC 2021 will be a hybrid event, with the choice to attend in-person in Lisbon or participate online.
What is a hybrid event?
A hybrid event combines the onsite experience of an in-person conference with the possibility to take part online, allowing delegates the choice to attend how they wish.
How will business appointments and educational sessions work at WYSTC?
Whether you join us in Lisbon or online, you will be able to schedule business appointments across the three days and attend all the educational seminars. The majority of educational sessions will be pre-recorded and streamed online.
To ensure a seamless meeting experience, we will use Marcom Ace in combination with Zoom. Approximately four weeks prior to the conference, registered delegates will receive login details for Marcom ACE and will be able to schedule business appointments until the end of the conference.
Can I meet with delegates online if I join in-person and vice versa?
Yes. There are three ways to meet each other:
- When in-person delegates schedule a business appointment with each other, they can meet face-to-face at the event. When scheduling a business appointment in Marcom Ace a table number will be assigned.
- When an in-person delegate schedules a business appointment with an online delegate (or the other way around) a Zoom meeting will be created in Marcom Ace. The in-person delegates can sit in a specifically designated area in the conference venue or in the comfort of their own hotel room. In both situations, please bring your own device and headsets. The online delegate can join the Zoom meeting from anywhere in the world.
- When online delegates schedule a business appointment with each other a Zoom meeting will be created in Marcom Ace. The Zoom meeting can be joined from anywhere.
Do in-person and online delegates get the same benefits?
Whether you join us in-person or online, you will be able to access all educational seminars and schedule business appointment with delegates around the world. Seminars will be streamed onsite in Lisbon and available on Marcom Ace for online attendees. Both in-person and online delegates will have access to the educational sessions via Marcom Ace for four weeks following the event.
What precautions are being taken to ensure the in-person event can be delivered safely?
The health and safety of our delegates is our primary concern and we are taking regular advice from the WHO and the national and local public health authorities in Portugal to ensure that our event conforms to the latest health guidance. Additionally, the conference venue, the Corinthia, has put in place the following precautions:
- The Corintha Lisbon was awarded the Clean & Safe Seal (Establishment according to health measures) by Turismo de Portugal
- Ozoniser – UV emission to hygiene and purify the air in the elevators
- Thermographic cameras at the entrance of the hotel, reception and lobby elevators
- Hand sanitiser throughout the venue (floor & wall mounted touchless dispenser)
- Information point at the entrance of the property
- Infrared thermometer contactless for the restaurant and terrace
- Luggage atomiser upon arrival
- Air purifiers are placed in public areas to remove contaminants from the air
- Bedrooms, meeting rooms and all public areas are extensively cleaned and disinfected.
Furthermore, the following precautions will be taken during WYSTC:
- Business appointment tables, booths, seminar room and lunch area will be setup according to social distancing guidelines
- Guidance provided to all delegates on social distancing and infection control best practices
- All delegates will be asked to bring face masks to be worn in public spaces
- Optional rapid tests will be available at the hotel
- Travel-approved PCR tests (in English) will be available at the hotel for return travel
How many delegates should I expect?
We have 100 spots available in Lisbon, and unlimited places online. We expect similar numbers of online delegates as at WYSTC Online in 2020.
Why attend the in-person event?
For many, the social aspect of attending a conference is an important factor. While Marcom Ace allows us to deliver a seamless online event, the experience of exploring a city and meeting in the evening with industry peers is one that is often better in-person.
What happens if I have registered to join the in-person event but I cannot attend?
If an in-person participant cannot attend due to travel restrictions or other reasons, we will switch the attendance up to 48 hours prior to the conference to take part online instead, without the need to reschedule business appointments (this may depend on your time zone). The difference between the prevailing rates at the time of booking will be refunded.
What happens if the in-person part of the event cannot take place?
We will follow the latest advice provided by local health authorities and will only allow the in-person aspects of WYSTC to take place if it is safe to do so. In the event that local authorities restrict in-person networking, all business appointments and educational sessions will be online via Marcom ACE. Those who have registered for the in-person event in Lisbon will receive a refund of the difference between the prevailing rates at the time of booking.
You can keep up-to-date on COVID-19 safety measures in Portugal here.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this event, please contact us.
Please note that WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to deliver this event in an online only format should guidance from local health authorities change.
Below is a list of past WYSTC destinations. If you are interested in submitting a bid to host a future WYSTC, please contact our events team email@example.com.
2020 – Online
2019 – Lisbon, Portugal
2018 – Edinburgh, Scotland
2017 – Montréal, Canada
2016 – Belgrade, Serbia
2015 – Cape Town, South Africa
2014 – Dublin, Ireland
2013 – Sydney, Australia
2012 – San Diego, USA
2011 – Barcelona, Spain
2010 – Beijing, China
2009 – Manchester, UK
2008 – New York, USA
2007 – Istanbul, Turkey
2006 – Melbourne, Australia
2005 – Toronto, Canada
2004 – Madrid, Spain
2003 – Pattaya, Thailand
2002 – Rhodes, Greece
2001 – Cancún, Mexico
2000 – Düsseldorf, Germany
1999 – Bangkok, Thailand
1998 – Miami, USA
1997 – Paris, France
1996 – Gold Coast, Australia
1995 – Sitges, Spain
1994 – Vancouver, Canada
1993 – Vienna, Austria
1992 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil