Travel insurance, integral to the ethos of the youth travel industry
Thursday, 10 October – 17:20 – 17:40
Travelling responsibly means caring for the environment and respecting the people you meet, but also taking responsibility for yourself if something goes wrong. A responsible traveller will make sure there is a safety net in place and that there will be no need for desperate measures to raise funds for unanticipated expenses. Furthermore, a responsible travel professional will make sure that their clients are covered. If tour providers and operators are determined to put the traveller at the centre of everything they do, they also have a responsibility to encourage travellers to be protected.
So how does travel insurance work? Well this is your travel insurance 101 opportunity:
- Learn how to understand regulations and work with a licensed insurer in your region
- Understand duty of care obligations of underwriters
- Be able to decipher various types of policies and how they are different
- Discover important considerations for selling insurance to travellers in a global landscape
- Assess the benefit to your business of affiliate and ancillary earnings via well reputed brands.
- Over 600 attendees from the global youth and student travel industry
- 150+ pre-selected buyers
- Up to 48 pre-scheduled business appointments
- 92% senior management attendees
- 25 seminars and workshops
- Up to 7 networking events