- By completing and submitting the WYSTC 2018 buyer application form, the applicant understands that his/her registration must be confirmed in writing by WYSE Travel Confederation.
- The buyer agrees to pay a EUR 299 non-refundable administration fee upon approval of application to secure registration.
- The application for registration is not an offer and attending the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) may be restricted or cancelled by WYSE Travel Confederation for any reason.
- The buyer understands that approval for Hosted Buyer registration is subject to availability and ability to meet the set criteria. The final decision lies with WYSE Travel Confederation.
- The buyer is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs incurred to, during and from the event unless the buyer has received a written offer from WYSE Travel Confederation informing them that flights and/or accommodation will be provided.
- The buyer is responsible for securing and paying any fees in relation to a visa for the United Kingdom.
- The buyer understands that his/her organisation’s logo will be used to promote that organisation’s attendance at the conference.
- The buyer agrees to provide breakdown of numbers sent per sector. The non-aggregated information is for internal use only.
- The buyer understands that he/she must register for WYSTC under the brand name provided in his/her buyer application form and/or mentioned in their participation offer.
- The buyer understands that his/her Marcom ACE profile must include the brand name used in his/her WYSTC registration and application forms.
- The buyer agrees to read in full the buyer section with its sub-pages on www.wystc.org/buyers.
- By registering for WYSTC, the buyer agrees to the general WYSTC terms and conditions.
- The buyer should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Hosted accommodation and flights
- In the event of hotel accommodation being hosted by WYSE Travel Confederation, the buyer is responsible for all additional charges such as room service, laundry, breakfast, etc.
- In the event of flights being hosted by WYSE Travel Confederation, the buyer agrees to book his/her own return flights to Edinburgh and will be reimbursed by WYSE Travel Confederation in accordance with the flight allowance specified in writing in the buyers’ unique participation offer.
- If the buyers’ unique participation offer includes hosted flights with Emirates airlines, flights booked with any other airlines will not be reimbursed.
- In the event of flights being hosted by WYSE Travel Confederation, the buyer is responsible for any fees or charges incurred due to ticket changes.
- Reimbursement of flights is valid only for cheapest available economy class return flights to Edinburgh airport (EDI) from the nearest international airport in a country where a Hosted Buyer’s organisation is based.
- If the buyer meets all of the terms and conditions, reimbursement of flights will occur within 14 days of the end of the conference subject to flight booking receipts and bank details being provided.
- The buyer is responsible for any additional costs associated with travel and/or accommodation that significantly extends beyond the conference dates (i.e. before 18 September or after 21 September), including price difference in airfare.
- The buyer agrees to have secured a minimum of 27 appointments with sellers one week prior to the event taking place.
- The buyer must fully complete his/her profile on Marcom ACE within ten working days of receiving the login details.
- The buyer must respond to business appointment requests within ten working days of receiving a request.
- If a significant number of scheduled appointments are missed (no-shows), or not pre-scheduled, the buyer will be fully and solely responsible for a misconduct fee of EUR 50 per appointment missed or not scheduled, and for the total price of their hosted accommodation. Any hosted flights booked and paid for by the buyer will not be reimbursed.
- The buyer understands that his/her presence is required at all official WYSTC functions as indicated in the programme.
- The Hosted Buyer registration is restricted to one delegate per organisation, a second delegate may participate at an additional fee of EUR 1099 for non-members of WYSE Travel Confederation or EUR 899 for members of WYSE Travel Confederation. This excludes hosted flights and accommodation.
- The buyer understands that all participant arrangements and/or changes must be submitted in writing and confirmed by WYSE Travel Confederation prior to WYSTC.
- The buyer agrees not to use his/her attendance at WYSTC for his/her own commercial purposes by trying to sell or offer services or products to other event participants. Buyers should only schedule appointments exclusively with sellers. WYSTC and WYSE Travel Confederation reserve the right to cancel any appointments between buyers. Repeated misuse of business appointments may be considered misconduct and could be subject to misconduct fee of EUR 50 per buyer-buyer appointment, and/or cancellation of registration.
- WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to access and edit buyers’ Marcom ACE profiles and to schedule or decline appointments.
- Any misconduct will also incur that the buyer will be denied any further participation at any WYSE Travel Confederation hosted events.
- The buyer agrees to participate only in familiarisation trips and events approved by WYSE Travel Confederation, including both pre- and post-conference activities.
- The buyer understands that participation in familiarisation trips and all activities therein is at the buyer’s own risk, and that WYSE Travel Confederation may not be held responsible for any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages or losses suffered or incurred by the buyer’s participation in familiarisation trips.
- Hosted Buyers who wish to cancel their attendance must do so in writing to email@example.com.
- No refunds on the administrative fee paid will be provided and a EUR 500 Hosted Buyer cancellation penalty will apply.
- In the case of visa refusal and upon the submission of the relevant documentation, WYSE Travel Confederation will refund 100% of the administration fee paid less an admin fee of EUR 150 and waive the Hosted Buyer cancellation penalty of EUR 500, provided Marcom ACE has not been accessed.
- Regardless of cancellation reason, Hosted Buyers may also be subject to an additional cancellation fee where accommodation has been booked and paid for on their behalf and fees are non-refundable. Hosted flights booked and paid for by the Hosted Buyer will not be reimbursed.
Liability and insurance
- WYSE Travel Confederation is not liable for any claim of theft, damage of property, or injury sustained while participation takes place.
- WYSE Travel Confederation shall have full power to interpret and amend the above mentioned terms and conditions.
- Should a buyer fail to comply with the WYSTC Hosted Buyer terms and conditions, a misconduct charge of EUR 800 will be applied. Additionally, they will be responsible for the total price of their hosted accommodation. Any hosted flights booked and paid for by the buyer will not be reimbursed.
- Any misconduct will also incur that the Hosted Buyer will be denied any further participation at any WYSE Travel Confederation hosted events.
Terms and Conditions as at 30 April 2018