Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
- The conference is called the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYTSC) and is owned by WYSE Travel Confederation – the trading name of WYSE Services BV
- References to WYSTC shall include WYSE Services and WYSE Travel Confederation
- Delegate and organisation will mean the person or persons registered to attend the conference.
Participation is open to organisations involved in youth and student travel. Booths, upgrade booths, tickets and upgrade tickets are all subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until booked and then confirmed by WYSTC. WYSTC will confirm registration as a delegate after payment has been received. WYSTC is a business-to-business conference and is not open to members of the public.
3. Cancellation policy
All confirmed registrations are deemed to be binding. Cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
- Registrations cancelled before 1 July 2017 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid, providing the delegate has not accessed Marcom ACE. In the event that the delegate has accessed his/her Marcom ACE account, no refunds will be available
- On and after 1 July 2017 no refunds are available
- In the case of visa refusal and upon the submission of the relevant documentation, WYSTC will refund 100% of the registration fee paid less an admin fee of EUR 150, provided Marcom has not been accessed
- Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Registration name changes
Registration can be transferred from one delegate to another within the registered organisation for no charge before 1 July 2017. On and after 1 July 2017, an administrative fee of EUR 150 per name change will be charged.
5. Registered organisations
All delegates will be registered to the registered organisation and cannot be changed to another organisation. Organisations can only trade on their own behalf, not on behalf of any other organisation. Membership discounts only apply to the delegates trading under the same member organisation name as registered with WYSE Travel Confederation or their respective association.
6. Protected trade environment
The protected trade environment will be the conference centre, social event locations and all hotels designated as conference hotels. Delegates must not trade with non-registered persons within these environments. Doing so will be deemed to be breaking the ethos of the conference. Sanctions may include cancellation of registration without refund.
Only organisations attending WYSTC may meet and host other conference participants. We do not encourage non-registered institutions to access and benefit from meeting potential business partners that WYSTC registered organisations have paid to meet.
7. Refusal of admission
WYSTC reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate who acts in a manner that breaks the ethos of the conference or who brings the conference into disrepute.
8. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable or shall be in default of its obligations if such default is the result of acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism and its consequences, strike, lock-out, fire, explosion, flood, riots, civil disturbance, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, epidemics, health risks and pandemics or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party affected.
WYSTC reserves the right to defer or to cancel the conference (without liability to the delegate) in the event of a Force Majeure.
9. Delegate details and data protection
WYSTC will process the personal information provided by the delegate as defined in Dutch law as article 10 & 13 of Dutch Constitution and the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens.
The delegate consents to WYSTC using information as follows:
- WYSTC will obtain, record, store and use this information as necessary in connection with the conference including transfer of the information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose
- WYSTC will include delegates in the appointment scheduling system Marcom ACE
- WYSTC may transfer its business assets (which includes information) on re-organisation, sale or merger of the whole or any part of its business
- WYSTC reserves the right to process information as required for marketing purposes, to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, enforce or apply any agreements (including this agreement) and protect the rights, property or safety of WYSTC, its employees, its clients and others
- WYSTC may transfer Information outside the European Economic Area for any of the purposes listed in this clause
- If WYSTC intends to process information other than as set out above the delegate will receive notice and be given the opportunity to decline the processing.
Delegates may not share information from Marcom ACE with anyone outside the conference.
Payment is made by credit card or bank transfer to complete the registration. Booths, sponsorship and other items can be paid by credit card or invoice. Standard payment terms are 14 days from the invoice date.
- Registrations made at the regular rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 14 days may be subject to release
- Registrations made at the early bird rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 7 days may be subject to release.
WYSTC reserves the right to cancel registrations for delegates, exhibitor space and sponsorship should the payment terms not be met.
Any delegate who has outstanding monies with WYSE Travel Confederation or any of its sector associations will not be permitted access to the conference nor a refund of registration fees.
WYSTC reserves the right to revoke usage of discount codes should they be used by delegates for whom they were not intended. Please contact email@example.com to check if you are permitted to use a discount code.
11. VAT and local taxes
WYSTC registration fees and other charges associated with the conference may be subject to local VAT or other taxes. WYSTC will take legal advice on these charges with the objective of avoiding additional costs to delegates where possible.
In most cases, WYSTC is obliged to comply with local taxation requirements and will be registered accordingly with the local authorities.
12. Early Bird
Early bird offers are only valid if full payment is received before the early bird period ends. The next available rate will be charged if full payment is not received before the deadline.
13. Advertising and promotion during the event
Business appointments will take place at tables or booths as allocated by the scheduling system:
- The only type of display and advertising materials permitted at the tables are small items, such as posters, photographs and laptops, which can be placed on the table and do not obstruct the view of other participants’ tables. These promotional materials must be removed once the business appointment has ended
- Marketing materials and other items must not extend outside of the registered booth space and must not constitute any type of hazard to other attendees
- It is not permitted to distribute or display marketing material (pull-up banners, flyer drops, pens, etc) within the protected trade environments without WYSTC’s prior written approval. Such distributions will be considered as sponsorship, and will be charged as such
- Delegates are not permitted to host events of any kind which encourage delegates to leave the conference at any time during the conference programme.
- Communications in Marcom ACE are limited to business appointment scheduling only, and may not be used for promotional purposes.
14. Liability and insurance
Delegates and organisations should be insured against personal liability, fire and theft. WYSTC will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials or equipment how so ever caused. The participants on their part will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment. WYSTC will also not be liable for the loss of personal items.
Delegates are required to wear their conference badge at all times during the conference programme. Access to the conference centre, social event locations and all hotels designated as conference hotels will not be granted without the wearing of a conference badge.
All exhibitors are required to abide by the deadlines and conditions as outlined in the Exhibitor Manual and in communications from WYSTC and WYSE Travel Confederation.
All exhibitors must be registered delegates.
Raw floor space does not include furniture, shell scheme, stand build-up, transport, design, multi-outlet or extension power cables, or carpet.
All exhibition stand design must be approved by WYSTC at least four weeks prior to the conference.
17. Media waiver
WYSTC will use image, video and sound recording to record certain parts of the annual general meetings (AGM) and conference. These recordings will be used as archive of the event and may also be used in promotional material for future events. Attendance at the conference is acceptance of these terms.
18. General conditions
WYSTC reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes will be reflected on the WYSTC website under Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of registered organisations and delegates to be aware of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of their registration and participation.
Organisations which have been disaffiliated or suspended from WYSE Travel Confederation or its associations may not attend. Likewise, members who are not in good standing, as well as individuals who have been sanctioned by WYSE Travel Confederation may not attend.
No amendment to the Terms and Conditions will be binding unless made in writing and signed by an authorised signatory of each party.
The delegate will not assign, charge or otherwise transfer to a third party any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of WYSTC. WYSTC may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the delegate.
Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
These terms and conditions are created under Dutch law.
Terms and conditions as at 10 April 2017.