WYSTC 2017: volunteer project in Montréal, Canada.
WYSTC 2016: volunteer project in Belgrade, Serbia.
When: Tuesday, 18 September – 7:45 – 13:00
Meeting point: lobby, Sheraton Edinburgh Grand Hotel
The local volunteer project, a traditional first-day activity at the World Youth and Student Travel Conference, is an opportunity for the WYSE Travel Confederation team and youth industry leaders to contribute to the conference’s host city. Through this project we reiterate our commitment to support local communities in a sustainable way.
This year’s project is held on a community farm which serves socially vulnerable groups in the area of multiple deprivation relating to poor housing, lack of employment and education, as well as health risks associated with alcohol, drug taking, and mental health issues. The farm provides community services and employment opportunities focusing on inclusion, education and sustainability.
We will help out with a variety of outdoor maintenance tasks including renovation of education greenhouses, painting chicken runs and weeding cobbled paths. The specific tasks will depend on the weather and will be distributed on the day.
If you are interested in participating in this activity, please check project details below and make sure to send us your confirmation before the deadline.
- The project is held on Tuesday, 18 September. All participants are required to commit from 7:45 to 13:00 on the day
- Participants are required to wear sturdy shoes, boots or wellies. Dressing in layers and bringing waterproofs is recommended.
- Protective suits and protective gloves will be available to participants on the day.
- Transportation is provided
- Pick-up and drop-off point is Sheraton Edinburgh Grand Hotel, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh EH3 9SR
- WYSTC registration will be open in Sheraton and participants are encouraged to register for the conference right after the drop off.
If you would like to confirm your participation please complete the form below.
The deadline to register was Friday, 7 September 2018. If you would still like to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.