Safety: Who defines it and how do we ensure it?
Thursday, 10 October – 11:00 – 12:00
Youth travel experiences have traditionally centred around exposing young people to different cultures and ways of thinking through close contact with local people, customs, and institutions. With more demand for ‘live like a local’ experiences and more providers enabling ever-more travellers to ‘live like a local’ how do we as an industry operate around issues of safety and ethics? Should there be internationally recognised standards and if so, who should define or certify these? This session will identify some of the top-line concerns and discuss the risks these present across the youth travel industry and share potential solutions that are being developed and tested.
- Over 650 attendees from the global youth and student travel industry
- 180+ pre-selected buyers
- Up to 48 pre-scheduled business appointments
- 92% senior management attendees
- 30 seminars and workshops
- Up to 7 networking events