One of Michelle Hirschfeld’s (HI USA) favourite things about the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) is the friendly knowledge-sharing vibe that brings competitors together for growth and evolution. In this episode of the WYSTC podcast series, Michelle highlights why hostels should be at WYSTC, discusses making peace with OTAs, and describes one of the biggest mistake that nonprofits in the travel space can make. She also calls on a particular OTA to take up an obvious opportunity to educate a specific market of young travellers with great potential.
Become a member of WYSE Travel Confederation
- A chat with Christina Margarita Tunnah, World Nomads
- Lifting your head out of business as usual
- How to think differently and come up with fresh ideas: A conversation with comedy writer and creative consultant Tim Reid
- International Experience Canada: shifting marketing messaging to keep Canadian youth informed and engaged
- Travel and the change-maker generation