During this interview with the Co-Founder and CEO of smart hostel tech provider goki, Jack Bowcott explains the transition of the business from a ‘Tinder for tourists’ to a magical spark between hostel and backpacker. He also offers advice to startups seeking investment funding (stay away from tacos), recounts the trials and tribulations of being a door-to-door lock salesman on world tour, and reveals the one critical flaw of hostel tech that left him half naked.
Become a member of WYSE Travel Confederation
- A chat with Christina Margarita Tunnah, World Nomads
- Lifting your head out of business as usual
- How to think differently and come up with fresh ideas: A conversation with comedy writer and creative consultant Tim Reid
- International Experience Canada: shifting marketing messaging to keep Canadian youth informed and engaged
- Travel and the change-maker generation